We participate with Medicare and most health insurance plans. In general vein treatments fall under one of two categories: Medically Necessary or Cosmetic. Insurance companies use varying criteria in order to determine if a vein treatment is to be considered "medically necessary". These criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Lifestyle Disruption
- The daily activities of the patient must be disrupted significantly.
- The patient must be experiencing pain as a result of their vein disorder.
- Failure of Conservative Measures
- Other methods of treatment, such as compression hose, have failed to provide adequate relief.
- Vein Size
- Bulging veins larger than 4 mm are often considered medically significant.
- Complications, such as phlebitis, bleeding veins, leg swelling and leg ulceration.
Our billing department will submit claims for medically necessary procedures and furnish you with all the financial information at our disposal for you to make an informed decision concerning your vein treatment protocol. Cosmetic procedures are not covered by heath insurance plans